Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gluten Free Multi-grain pancakes


I was at the Farmer's market a few days ago and sampled a man's gluten free multi-grain pancakes.  He told me the grains that were in them and that they didn't contain extra starches.  They were all grains I had at home and I thought maybe I could make my own. I've had experience with the flavors of these grains (some are stronger than others).  So, I tried it this morning and this is the result.  My family is the best critic that I have and they all loved them (especially since Daddy made honey butter to go with them).  We have rid ourselves of our egg allergies and now can have eggs.  I have not tried them yet with flax eggs but will.  Let me know if you do.

1/4 cup quinoa flour
1/2 cup millet flour
1/4 cup teff flour
1 1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
3 tsp honey
2 cups milk (rice or other--I used rice)

Mix all the dry ingredients together and make sure any clumps are mixed in.  Mix the wet ingredients together (beat the eggs and add in the milk and honey).  Combine dry and wet ingredients--careful to not over mix.  Heat a non-stick skillet and pour 1/4 cup for each pancake.  Cook until bubbles are popping and can easily flip. Flip the pancake and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes (depending on your burner).  Makes between 10 and 12 pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment