Thursday, March 31, 2011

Lentil Patties

Here is a recipe I just tried that that my family loved (all but one).  I don't have a picture because my USB cord needs to be replaced.  I had to change the original to flax eggs because my son has an allergy to eggs.   You may use one egg instead or oatmeal to bind the patties together.  I also used many of the suggestions in the reviews and tried to add them as optional items.  Use the flavor you like best.

1 cup uncooked lentils
1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 ½  cubes vegan broth
1-1/2 cups carrots, finely grated
1 clove garlic
1 flax egg (2 ½ tbsp flax meal +3 tbsp water)
1 tsp season salt
1 small red onion, finely grated
1 tsp Herbamare or seasoning salt
Optional ingredients: green peppers, sesame seeds, mushrooms, radishes,you can add your favorite spice mixture ie. Italian, Mexican, Asian, Indian

Directions

Cook lentils and rice in 4 cups water for 45 minutes, simmering over low heat in a covered pan. Allow to cool. 

Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Shape into patties and cook on griddle or pan (may spray with non-stick spray) over medium heat, until nicely browned (about 6 minutes per side).


Number of Servings: 8



No comments:

Post a Comment