Monday, January 24, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken


I was searching for a recipe for the chicken I had defrosted in the fridge.  I found one on Allrecipes.com and changed it a little.  I experimented these changes on my family and they loved it.  I mixed it with a recipe that I got on the blog The Whole Enchilada for Teryaki chicken.  One of my sons did not want to try it but our rule is you have to taste it.  Once he tasted it he wanted more

Teriyaki Chicken (sugar free)

Original Recipe Yield 6 servings 
Ingredients

1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut in half (or whichever type of chicken you have)
1/2 cup xylitol
3/4 cup Bragg’s soy sauce replacement
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced

Rinse chicken halves, and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a saucepan.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine xylitol, soy sauce, grated ginger and garlic. Mix well, and pour mixture over chicken. Cover and boil for about 20 to 25 minutes.  Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment