Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ham Fried Rice (or Just Fried Rice)

                                                  Ham Fried Rice Recipe

You can choose if you want meat or not with this one.  I got this recipe off of Allrecipes.com. My husband suggest at our meal planning time that he wanted ham fried rice and I wasn't so sure because I had never made it before--all the excuses to not try something new.  This was one of the first recipes I looked at and it is still a hit with everyone in the family.  It is also a quick go to meal if you have some cooked rice in the refrigerator.

By Joyce Scholten
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp canola, olive, or vegetable oil
1 1/2 cup cooked rice
2/3 cup diced, cooked ham (optional)
1 to 2 cups vegetables
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup ground ginger
Dash of pepper
Dash of chili powder
1 1/2 tsp soy sauce

In a skillet, stir eggs and cook them in oil until they are scrambled.  Remove and set aside.  In the same skillet, heat the rice, ham, garlic powder, ginger, pepper and chili powder until warmed through.  Stir in the soy sauce and eggs.  I use Bragg's Liquid Aminos for a soy sauce replacement and keep the ham out of my portion because of the sugar it contains.  Use whichever vegetables you have on hand.  I have used frozen or fresh from green beans, broccoli, and cauliflower to frozen mixed veggies.  I estimated on the amount of rice.  We needed it to spread out among 2 adults and 4 children especially because they liked it.
Ham fried rice

No comments:

Post a Comment