Saturday, February 5, 2011

Teff Breakfast Muffins



I made these muffins for breakfast this morning with one of my sons.  I hurt my back and he was quite the helper bending when I couldn't.  He squeezed fresh orange juice and helped add ingredients.  I was and am so grateful for his help.

Of course this is another recipe with teff.  I just love the flavor.  This recipe contains a lot of good foods that even kids will eat.  I was surprised when all of my children tasted them because 100% of them like the muffins.  That is 25% more than usual.  My daughter asked if they had brown sugar in them because of the good taste.  Little did they know that they ate flax and shredded carrots too.  This will be one I will save in my cook book and add to the make a double batch list so I can freeze the extras for future breakfasts.

The substitutions I made were guar gum for the xanthan gum.  My children usually do not like nuts in things so I left those out.  I also left out the dried fruit and put in blueberries (I thawed the Costco ones in the microwave and drained the excess juice).  There is a note at the bottom of the recipe if you cannot have citrus you can replace it with apple juice.  Teff Breakfast Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment