Monday, February 7, 2011

Non Dairy Ice Cream


One of the my favorite things that I have found on this candida diet is coconut cream and I am finding many ways to use it.  I was so excited one day when I made ice cream with it that I ran over to my friend's house to have her try it.  I said, "I just made ice cream!"  She laughed at me and said, "I can tell!"  In my exuberance I forgot to wash my face and must have looked like a little child that licked the bowl clean--which I did.

The recipe is simple:

1 cup frozen blueberries
1/3 cup cold coconut cream
1 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 cup rice milk

Blend until you get the consistency you want.  I have a Blendtec and pushed the milkshake setting.

These are the ingredients that I am allowed to have.  You can choose whatever fruit you desire (I have even made it with cocoa--my daughter says it tastes like a Frosty from Wendy's).  I use agave but have used xylitol or choose your sweetener and milk source.  Enjoy! Let me know what variations you use.

No comments:

Post a Comment